donderdag 17 september 2009

Location proposal #1

Because my project is focussed on the methodology and not on a site, I am capable of choosing my own location to work on. But how to choose? A idea is to take 2 or 3 different sites. Each with there unique character and possibilities. The plan is to analyze these location on there diversity of senses, showing their lived space through analyzes through hearing, smelling, tasting, touching. But also through various literary techniques like creative writing and working with different characters, perspectives and time. By these methods I'm mapping the lived space of all the locations and placing them next to each other, in order to select the location I will work with for my design.

My first location to investigate is a proposal from Klaske Havik and is the Binckhorst area in The Hague. This site is a old industrial area which the city of The Hague has big plans for. The architectural firm OMA is working on a study of the area and there is a diversity of function already present (cultural, dwelling, commercial, industry). The site is located close to Holland Spoor station and the train is running next to it, just like the river "trekvliet". The diversity of life, the old industrial character and the train and water borders makes this area an outstanding place for a diversity of senses.

Other location will be added when I know them.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten